At Marin Wealth Advisors, we are a Registered Investment Advisor often able to help you align your investment portfolio to your values. To help meet your desire to invest responsibly whenever possible, we look for companies and funds whose practices and policies attempt to balance Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) responsibilities with their responsibility to provide consistent returns to their investors.
ESG – The Future of Growth?
Sound Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) policies can strengthen a company’s business model and offer opportunities that can increase profitability and growth.
The longevity of any company is tied to its commitment to environmental friendliness which often leads to reduced costs and increased efficiencies. Social considerations such as fair treatment of employees and strict governance standards, such as a fairly represented Board of Directors or clearly delineated roles of shareholders and stakeholders.
Governance is commonly the most overlooked of the three ESG factors. Yet, a strong corporate governance system of principles, policies and procedures is necessary in order to resolve potential conflicts and risks inherent in a corporation. A robust corporate governance system is, therefore, essential to reducing operational risk and increase sustainability within organizations.
Our Responsibilities as a Fiduciary
We at Marin Wealth Advisors believe in placing our client’s best interests first. Therefore, we commit to the following five fiduciary principles:
- We will always put our client’s best interests first.
- We will act with prudence; that is, with the skill, care, diligence, and good judgment of a professional.
- We will not mislead you, and we will provide conspicuous, full and fair disclosure of all important facts.
- We will avoid conflicts of interest.
- We will fully disclose and fairly manage, in your favor, any unavoidable conflicts.
– See more at: https://www.marinwealthadvisors.com/investor-focus